The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers. At The Meadows Primary School we are committed to providing an education full of opportunities that will prepare all pupils for their future with a positive attitude and an ambition to be the best they can be. We aim to encourage and develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full and strong consideration is given to the allocation of resources to support this vision.
The impact of the pupil premium at The Meadows
Pupil premium funding is allocated to schools based on the number of children from families who are known to be eligible for Free School Meals entitlement (FSM) now or within the last six years.
For details on how the pupil premium is utilised and the impact it has at The Meadows please see our plan below
Free school meals
If you think you might be entitled to free school meals you will need to register through South Gloucestershire Council.
If you would prefer to come into school, you can ask for Jo Campbell who is our Pupil Premium Leader and she will help you to complete the form.
School policies and key documents
- Accessibility policy (Pdf)
- Admission policy 2022-23 (Pdf)
- Admission policy 2023-24 (Pdf)
- Admission policy 2024-25 (Pdf)
- Please also see South Gloucesterhire Council's school admissions
- Anti-bullying policy (Pdf, 587kb)
- Attendance policy (Pdf, 563kb)
- Behaviour for learning policy (Pdf)
- CCTV policy
- Charging and remissions policy and request for remission of charges form (Docx)
- Child protection and safeguarding policy (Pdf)
- Collective worship policy (Pdf)
- Complaints procedure
- Data protection policy
- Drugs policy (Pdf)
- Early years foundation stage (EYFS) policy
- Equalities plan (Pdf)
- Exclusion: local authority guidelines
- Freedom of information policy
- Health and safety policy
- Home schoool agreement (Pdf)
- Homework policy (Pdf)
- Inclusion policy
- Marking and feedback policy (Pdf)
- Online safety policy (Pdf)
- Privacy notice for pupils
- Relationships and sex education (RSE) policy (Pdf)
- School meals policy (Pdf, 146kb)
- School uniform and clothing policy (Pdf)
- Special educational needs and disability (SEND) policy
- Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) school policy (Pdf)
- SEND parent-friendly advice (Pdf)
- SEND information report (Pdf)
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions policy
- Whistleblowing (concern at work) policy
For more information see Futura Learning Partnership's policies and procedures.
The Meadows Primary School aims to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all children and promotes their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We are committed to equality; reflecting and valuing diversity.
As defined by the Act, as a public authority we must have due regard to the need to:
- eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited under the Act
- advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it
- foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it
As a school, we also have two specific duties to perform in relation to the Equality Act of 2010:
- to publish information which shows we have due regard for inequalities as defined by the Act
- to publish at least one equality objective and report annually on its progress
The Act states that we do not have to report information that may ‘identify’ individuals. Therefore, no staff data is presented here because our staffing numbers are below the threshold of one hundred and thirty.
- Equalities plan (Pdf)
Futura Learning Partnership
The Meadows Primary School converted to academy status on 1 December 2017 and is a Futura Learning Partnership school.
Futura Learning Partnership is a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 07746787.