Latest News / Events
Look after yourself
It is really tough for everyone at the moment. If you are feeling like your mental health is suffering then this e book will give you some suggestions on how to keep clam and improve your well-being.
Online provision for The Meadows Primary School children learning at home
During periods of self-isolation – whether waiting for test results or monitoring symptoms – or national lockdown, it is important that children have support to continue their education while they are at home, as long as they are well enough to do so.
A detailed summary of our remote education offer when a class or year group is self-isolating can be found here. Please see our Q&A document here for more detailed information about what parents and carers can expect from remote education if government restrictions require entire cohorts (or bubbles) to remain at home.
Please follow the links below to find three daily lessons to support your child's learning at home. Children can then share what they do via Tapestry or Seesaw. The login details remain the same as before. Please contact email@example.com if there are any issues with this.
Oak National Academy
These are free online lessons across a variety of UK school curriculum subjects. Please choose the appropriate year group and then select the day of the week.
BBC TV and Bitesize online
The BBC has added curriculum-based television programming to its online offering to support families during the latest lockdown. Programming for primary aged children will be on CBBC between 9am and 12pm every weekday. The Bitesize daily lessons will also be shown on the Red Button service on TV.
Please see the following links for how to access the online BBC content:
Online learning resources for children of all ages on the BBC Bitesize website.
All Bitesize daily lesson episodes will be available on catch-up, on demand on iPlayer.
Parklands Virtual Library
If your child loves listening to books being read to them then have a look at the virtual library. Click on a book to hear the story
Parent Tour Dates
Tours are guided by our Headteacher, Mrs Mounter and usually last about an hour. These will be in small groups (not more than two families) and will follow all the Covid related safety procedures. Please wear a mask and if possible do not bring children. You will see the school and have the opportunity to ask plenty of questions but unfortunately we are unable to access all parts of the school currently.
Our dates are:
• Monday 12th October 2020 at 9.30am - Fully booked
• Tuesday 13th October 2020 at 3.45pm
• Tuesday 20th October 2020 at 1.30pm - Fully booked
• Tuesday 20th October 2020 at 3.45pm
• Wednesday 4th November 2020 at 9.30am - Fully booked
• Monday 9th November 2020 at 3.45pm
• Monday 16th November 2020 at 1.30pm - limited space
• Tuesday 17th November 2020 at 3.45pm - fully booked
• Monday 23rd November 2020 at 3.45pm
• Tuesday 24th November 2020 at 3.45pm - limited space
To book your place please contact the school office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate you may be unable, or would prefer not to do a tour in the current circumstances. If you are still interested in finding out about the school then please see our virtual school tour here.
- • Tickets cost just £1 per ticket, per week and 40% of all ticket sales are donated to our school.
- • A GUARANTEED cash prize to someone on our supporter list every week.
- • A further chance of winning £25,000 in a separate draw EVERY WEEK!
- • Draws are every Saturday at 8pm and results are posted online
If you would like to enter please see Your School Lottery for more information.
Supporters must be 16 years of age or older.